The monthly speakers series are held at 7:30 PM on the third Monday of each month except for December, February, June - August. Our speakers give presentations on a wide range of nature related subjects. These talks are usually held at the Nature Center and are free to the public, unless otherwise noted. For detailed descriptions of these presentations view our currrent newsletter.
Oregon Ridge Nature Center’s Speaker Series : 2016 - 2017
- September 19: "Nature's Neighbor's: Naughty or Nice" by Robert Mardiney - Free event
- October 17: "How Bugs Make the World Go Around" by Michael Raupp - Free event
- November 17: SPECIAL FUNDRAISING EVENT - at the Oregon Ridge Lodge (13401 Beaver Dam Road) - Tom Horton speaking on the Chesapeake Bay - The admission fee for the 6:00 PM wine and lite fare reception, plus lecture is $50. The fee for the 7:30 PM lecture is $20 on-line or $25 at the door. For registration and payment information click here.
- January 16: "Maryland's Freshwater Fishes" by Stanley Kemp - Free event
- March 20: "Maryland's Marvelous Mammals" by Kerry Wixted - Free event
- April 17: "Baltimore County's Single Stream Recycling: Where does Everything Go? - by Rashida White and Meghan Schatz - Free event
- May 15: "From a Wild Life to Wildlife Photography" by Michael Oberman - Free event
If you would like to speak or have a suggestion for an interesting speaker please call the Nature Center at 410-887-1815.